Lion's Mane Recipes:
Sauteed Lion's Mane Mushrooms:
- 1/2 lb Lion's mane mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup parsley minced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- fresh ground pepper
- Splash of white wine
- lemon juice to taste
Heat oil in a pan over medium heat until hot, add everything except pepper. Lower heat and cook until mushrooms are caramel colored and soft. Add splash of white wine and increase heat back to medium. Cook the wine and finish with butter until melted for 1-2 minutes. Add lemon juice then remove from heat and serve.
Butter Poached Lions Mane Mushrooms:
- 1/4 lb Lion's mane mushrooms, cut into 1/4" slices.
- 1/2 cup butter , clarified butter preferred
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 large clove garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1/8th tsp kosher salt
- 1/8th tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp fresh parsley, finely minced
Place all of the poaching ingredients except the mushroom and parsley in a small pot and bring temperature to 160 f over med-low to low heat. Add the mushroom and allow to poach for 30 minutes. Add the parsley and poach another five minutes. Serve over grilled steaks/chicken/seafood.
Easy Butter Sauteed Lions Mane Mushrooms:
- 1/4 lb Lion's mane mushrooms, peeled apart into small 1/2" chunks.
- 1 tbsp butter
- salt, pepper
Heat non-stick skillet under medium heat. Add butter, mushrooms, and seasoning to hot skillet. Sautee and stir often until outsides of mushroom are golden brown.
Lion's Mane Mushrooms with Saffron and Apples:
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 tart apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound Lion's Mane Mushrooms, sliced
- A good pinch of saffron threads
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
Heat the butter in a 12-inch skillet, over medium-high heat. Add the apple slices and cook, stirring frequently, until the apples just start to soften (or to your desired texture). Add the mushrooms, saffron, and white pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are soft. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Scalloped Lion's Mane in Coconut Oil:
Source: carly morgan- culinary karma
- 1 large lions mane mushroom, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 handful cherry tomatoes, crushed or chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon ground flax
- 1 lemon, juiced
Start by heating the coconut oil up in a pan. Add mushrooms and cook for about 6 minutes, or until they start to brown. Add in cherry tomatoes, lemon juice, paprika, red pepper flakes, and garlic powder. Cook until tomatoes are fully heated through, about 5 minutes. Make sure the mushroom is a bit crispy on the edges. Add ground flax, salt to taste, and fresh parsley at the end.